Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today Was a Good Day

Alternate titles:
Power Tools Are Fast
On the First Week of Christmas( I made up lyrics, but they didn't make the cut)

Today was a very good day. I got my top milled, (thanks to Chris) and my package from Lee Valley arrived. I also got my hair cut, but I don't think anyone really cares. The beams turned out even nicer than I thought, Chris was kind enough to mill all the boards really well. They turned out to be about 3" thick, and about 5" wide. Perfect!
Just as we were coming home, my fedex package arrived. (Side note, free shipping until the 19th from Lee Valley.) I got rulers, router plane blades, a dial caliper, a book, letter+number stamps, protractor, plane blades, countersunk washers, and some dehumidifiers.
I took the beams to the shop, and figured out an orientation for the boards. Check out the streaking on this one piece-

No comments: