Sunday, August 28, 2011

Conductor's stool update

Well it's been a long time since I posted, but I've been away and rather busy. I was in central Europe for a couple of weeks, then a short stay in New York City, then another week on lake Ontario. So far this summer has been very good. This is a picture of a festool saw being used in a construction site in Dresden, just thought it was funny that they would use this for construction. When I stepped into my shop for the first time in two weeks, I discovered not only rusty tools (even though I oiled them up before I left), but that a bird had gotten into my basement shop, pooped everywhere and died. This was disgusting.

New York was fun, even thought I didn't get a chance to visit Tools For Working Wood, I spent some time in the Met, saw some Nakashima furniture, the skyline from the roof, and the cemetery that Bernstein is buried in.

The lake was very nice as well, we did lots of walking, reading, and canoeing. We did visit the MacLachlan Woodowking museum, but it was very small, and I wouldn't really reccomend going out of your way to see it.

For the conductor's stool, as I write this, the final phase of the base glue up is setting. I first glued the side assemblies, then the two sides together. This minimized the amount of rushing around and panicking I had to to get the base all glued up.