Sunday, March 8, 2009

Secret Project

I apologize for not blogging more about this, but I figured that I would do a really nice job the next time, and I wasn't sure how this would turn out. Here it is, a Stanley #3 Handyman. It was my grandfather's. All the parts are clean or polished, except for the lever cap. There isn't much I can do for it. For any eagle-eyed readers who have already noticed, yes, there is no lateral adjuster. That is because I made one, but I haven't installed it yet.
In use, the Handyman is lighter than my Groz #4(which is even heavier than my Miller Falls #5). Its frog does not have alot of contact area, so under certain circumstances, I got slight chatter. Otherwise, I really like it, the handles had been painted, I scraped that off and exposed the beech handles underneath, and what I really like is that the tote is about 1/2" taller than my #4, which make it much more suited for my hand.



RexMill Handplanes 101

No comments: