Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update

I've been in the shop, but I don't have enough content for separate posts. So here is a update of what I've been doing:

I been doing a thorough clean of my Miller Falls 814 plane(it is the size of a #5).I finished the handle, it looks great.I prettied up the depth stop on the #78 plane.

I made a rebate in the brass I ordered so it can sit under the bed plate of the bevel-up plane and house the screw for the adjuster. More on this later.

I started brainstorming ideas for a hand tool cabinet. Right now, I'm thinking that a basic box, not too deep, with a flat style frame and panel door in walnut and turquoise milk painted pine would be optimal for my small collection. Right now, all my tools are scattered about, which is not good for them.

That's all for today.

No comments: