Saturday, May 2, 2009

Workbench Update

Here's what I've been working on. All the major rip cuts are done, one of the wide boards is the deadman, the other is two stretchers. I cut everything with my most coarse saw, which happened to be crosscut(not in any pictures, sorry). For the leg and stretcher laminations, I built some clamps. They are just square boxes I screwed together with 2 wedges. The slope of the wedges is about 1.75":15". They work suprisingly well, with the wedges pounded in place, I cannot budge any of the boards, not even at the ends. It will be interesting to see how the do with glue.

No comments: